NeoFinder (formerly CDFinder) rapidly organizes your data, either on external or internal disks, or any other volumes. It catalogs all your data, so you stay in control of your data archive or disk library. With extensive metadata support, you can find your files quickly.
- Catalog: any hard disk, data folder, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, BlueRay, HD-DVD, iPod, Server Volume, Audio-CD, USB-Stick, FTP-Server, and more
- Power: Handle really large amounts of data
- Photo Previews: Create beautiful thumbnails for many photo and image formats, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, RAW, PDF, PSD, BMP, GIF, PNG, TGA, IFF (Maya)
- Audio Meta Data: MP3, AAC (iTunes), FLAC (Lossless), ALAC (Apple Lossless), and AIFF meta data: author, album, title, composer, lyrics, cover art, track number, duration, bit rate, genre, year, comment. Even catalogs whole Audio-CDs, and Apple iPhone ringtone files!
- Photo Meta Data: XMP (used by Adobe Bridge), EXIF and IPTC meta data (including GPS geotags), and JPG, TIFF, PICT and BMP photo details
- Movie Meta Data: get thumbnails, the dimension, duration, codec and frame rate out of movie files, supporting AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, MPG, MKV, M4V, and others
- Geotagging GPS support: NeoFinder catalogs and displays GPS EXIF tags of photos, and has direct links to Google Earth, Flickr, Panoramio, Google Maps and MapQuest. NeoFinder can even search for photos that were taken near any location (GeoFinder), and export GPS data to KMZ files
- Networkable: Share your NeoFinder database in your entire workgroup (requires a Business License)
- Cross-platform: with abeMeda (was CDWinder), you can use one database for both worlds!
- Workflow Integration: Automatically catalog all discs burned by Roxio Toast; Drag any image directly from NeoFinder into applications like Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Apple Pages, Microsoft Office; integrate NeoFinder into FileMaker Pro databases, and much more
- Find it! Best Find functions, and of course offline browsing of all your volumes - even in multiple windows, if you want to
- Spotlight Integration: Search your local disks with Spotlight and as well as your catalogs from inside NeoFinder
- Import Catalogs: These twelve formats are supported: Disk Recall, DiskWizard, Iomega FindIt, Portents DiskTracker (both 1.x and 2.x!), Catalogue, CatFinder, "Neometric" Catalog, DiskLibrary, Broken Cross Disk Manager (Windows), and Advanced Disk Catalog (ADC for Windows) catalog or export files, and iView MediaPro and Microsoft Expression Media XML files
- Fast and really easy to use, see screenshots
- Export and print catalog data
- Insight: Look inside archive files: ZIP, TAR, .rar, StuffIt (.sit and even .sitx), and others, including Disk Image contents
- International: English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch user interface, all in one application
- Unicode compatible: Use NeoFinder to catalog file names of any language
- AppleScript: Integrate NeoFinder with FileMaker Pro or any other application, or extend the abilities of NeoFinder
- Extend your NeoFinder catalog database by using five custom fields for any content you need
- FileCheck: Only NeoFinder can generate an industrial strength MD5 checksum for every file being cataloged
- AutoMount: NeoFinder automatically mounts every server volume you have cataloged or updated for you, if needed! And you can of course also ask NeoFinder to mount the volume for you at any time, using the context menu
- QuickLook: Open a QuickLook window for any selected online file(s) right from inside NeoFinder!
- Cross-Grade: you already bought a different disk cataloger or media asset manager application, ask us for a good offer!
- Free email support
- Languages: User Interface in eight languages, all in one application: English, German, Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish, Spanish and Dutch
NeoFinder 6.8 is certified to run in OS X 10.11 El Capitan!
You can now add or change keywords (Finder Tags) to all files and folders! NeoFinder will not only store these keywords/tags in its catalog, but also attaches them to your original files and folders, just like Apples Finder does
Find performance is now faster in Yosemite and El Capitan (that is a serious bug from Apple, and we worked around it)
New Find Editor parameter: "Has no Tag"
Cataloging Adobe XMP data will now give precedence to XMP over possible IPTC tags in a file